Hogwarts RolePlay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts RolePlay!

It's Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy-Hoggy Hogwarts!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, where are you from?

Go down 
+4
Nara Malfoy
AmethystAislinn
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Maddock Laborde
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

So, where are you from? Empty
PostSubject: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm originally from Australia, but I'm currently in Japan until August☆

What about you guys? Where are you all from?
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm from London, England!! XD But in like two years I have to move to America for college.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsroleplay.forumotion.com
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Oh wow, I've always wanted to go to London, out of curiosity when's the best time to visit London? Weather-wise, and less tourist-wise and such lol

Why go to America for college? Do you just want to study there or...?
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Umm... I think anytime, but you know weather changes and stuff. So idk.

I just want to study there. lol.
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Haha, thanks.

I see, I see. That's pretty much my reasoning for studying in Japan lol What are you planning on studying?
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am

Medicine. You?
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 am

The degree I'm working on now is languages. I'm double majoring in Japanese and Chinese, and I'm also taking French. However, I'm currently taking a break from Chinese and French seeing as it's pretty difficult to study them when I'm meant to be working on my Japanese here.
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:10 am

Oh thats sweet!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 am

I love languages, they're so much fun xD I have a list of ones I want to learn eventually, but I'm pretty sure I won't get anywhere close to learning all of them lol
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 am

lol. I want to learn Italian and Russian, because I'm half Italian and a quarter Russian.
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am

Nice! You could probably do one of them as an extra class when you go to college maybe? But then you're doing Medicine and that would keep you pretty busy, that's awesome though, studying Medicine I mean.
Back to top Go down
EvelynDiggoryBlack
Admin
EvelynDiggoryBlack

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 am

its my dream!! lol.
Back to top Go down
AmethystAislinn

AmethystAislinn

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

I've been learning Italian for awhile now. I have no connection to it, I just think its a beautiful language and I love to learn new things. Before that I was learning German because I'm pretty much full German and my grandma specks it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nara Malfoy

Nara Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:05 pm

hii Very Happy

i'm from holland and i'm studying for Leisure manager and i really want to visit London at least one time:D
Back to top Go down
Alec Wiebel

Alec Wiebel

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, I'm from America (Wooo! Am I the singular American here? Awesomeeee!) Yup, and I'm a high school student.

I love to travel, so I basically would love to go visit everywhere you guys live (though I have to admit I want to see the British Isles more than anywhere else, and I'm not too sure how I feel about Japan. I've heard it's beautiful there; what do you think?)

As for languages, I've been taking Spanish for 9 years (this will be my tenth) and I have to say that it's getting pretty dry, though I still love the language. ¡Hola! Me gusta hablar español. ¿Te gusta hablar español, tambien? (Anyone?? No? Well then, bonnoir! Guten tag! (And yeah... Don't really know any other languages.) Koneichiua? (Is that even the correct language, let alone the correct spelling? Lol.)

Also, I'm interested in criminal justice, though I'm not sure which branch I'm interested in going into. Right now I'm stuck between intelligence and law. Smile

Anyway, that's a me. Oh, and I'm sorry for how long it takes me/any spelling mistakes because I'm on an iPod and it's slow and has autocorrect.

Back to top Go down
AmethystAislinn

AmethystAislinn

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm from America too! So your not alone anymore! I was sure that I was the only here that was from America.
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Alec Wiebel wrote:
I'm not too sure how I feel about Japan. I've heard it's beautiful there; what do you think?)
It's amazing, I love it. The shrines and temples are gorgeous, the castles are brilliant... there's just so much pretty everywhere lol Even the cities are pretty (to me anyway), which is weird because I'm not even that fond of the cities in Australia.

Alec Wiebel wrote:
As for languages, I've been taking Spanish for 9 years (this will be my tenth) and I have to say that it's getting pretty dry, though I still love the language. ¡Hola! Me gusta hablar español. ¿Te gusta hablar español, tambien? (Anyone?? No? Well then, bonnoir! Guten tag! (And yeah... Don't really know any other languages.) Koneichiua? (Is that even the correct language, let alone the correct spelling? Lol.)
Haha, it's 'konnichiwa' xD;; Is Spanish difficult to learn? (And wow, this is your tenth year doing Spanish? XD This is my ninth year with Japanese lol)

Alec Wiebel wrote:
Also, I'm interested in criminal justice, though I'm not sure which branch I'm interested in going into. Right now I'm stuck between intelligence and law. Smile
Wow, nice. My younger sister's currently studying Criminology and Law, they both sound interesting... but I'd never be able to do either. I like languages more, I guess lol
Back to top Go down
Alec Wiebel

Alec Wiebel

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Woooo! America, representttt! Lol, it's awesome the variety of cultures we have on here though.

I would imagine that they would be, especially the traditional structures. The Japanese aricitechture seems breathtaking, judging by the pictures I've seen. Plus the Japanese people seem to be so in touch with their culture and everything. It's sad to think that the birth rate of that country is on the decline; the fact that we could lose wht seems to be such a wonderful Race and culture is scary. Aren't the cities, like, super crowded?

Ah, oh well, I tried. Haha, apparently trying to spell another language that is extremely different than your own phonetically doesn't work too well. I will keep that in mind next time. No it's actually really simple. You said you already knew French, right? It will be a breeze for you then. French and Spanish are very similar, and since the English language takes so many words from the Latin derived languages, there are a lot of words that are similar to our language. Por exemplo (for example. Two letter difference, I mean, really.) Anyway, I knew someone who took 4 years of French and then went to Spanish for one year, and were completely bored in an honors class. She also aced every test and I don't think she studied.

Haha, that's basically exactly what I'm interested in! I just like everything to be fair. xD Haha, I don't think it's right that people can get away with things that are unlawful. I don't think I could handle learning new languages for the rest of my life. To each their own, I suppose. Smile
Back to top Go down
AmethystAislinn

AmethystAislinn

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 pm

I had a friend who live over in Japan for awhile because he was stationed over there in the Navy. He loved it there and thought it was a great place. I've always wanted to go and visit but then again I want to visit every where.
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Alec Wiebel wrote:
Aren't the cities, like, super crowded?
Yeah, they are. I went to Tokyo for a week over New Years, and damn it was crowded. I ended up missing the bus I was supposed to catch at 9 to get back to Nagoya because I couldn't get on and off the trains they were so packed... that was rush hour though so I suppose that part of it was understandable lol Depending on where you go there's going to be a lot of people or not as many people but still quite a lot. There was this specific street in Harajuku that I wanted to explore, it was so crowded. I had to give up on taking photos and looking at store windows and things and follow the crowd instead lol

I'm still learning French, but I'm finding it more difficult than I am Chinese lol I think I'm better with Asian languages for some reason xD;;

Languages are so much fun though! Plus you get to talk with a lot of new people from different places and it would make travelling easier too♥

I want to spend my life learning languages and travelling, it would be awesome. Pity that everything costs money though lol
Back to top Go down
Alec Wiebel

Alec Wiebel

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Everyone I've talked to that has gone to Japan has said that it was wonderful and beautiful and that they loved it, so now I'm intrigued to go there myself. I love to travel as well, and I so want to see all of the world. Eventually I either want to live in a big city in America or live over seas.

Wow! That's nuts! Good thing you somehow made it back, though. Awww, sadness! That stinks. Did you at least get to see it? Hey, no worries, French is such a picky language. You have to get you pronunciation and hesitations and pauses in just the right place.
See, I would love to know a lot of languages, but I'm a perfectionist and it sucks. When I go somewhere that speaks a different language, I want to have an accent that is basically perfect and be able to look and act as little like a tourist as possible. Basically it's impossible for me. While some were blessed with the natural talent of languages, I, sadly, am not one of them.
It's the depressing truth that money makes the world go round.
Back to top Go down
AmethystAislinn

AmethystAislinn

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:06 am

I'd love to live over seas. It would be a toss up between Germany or Ireland.

As far as learning lots of languages, It's a epic fail for me. I'm working on learning Italian and sign language for my minor in college. I'd love to learn many but I think I might just stick to one or two.
Back to top Go down
Kaalee/Jonilee

Kaalee/Jonilee

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 am

I'veheard that once you learn one its easier for others. Then again I heard that for instramunts and I'm an epic fail at all but violin.
Back to top Go down
Maddock Laborde

Maddock Laborde

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Marillrules wrote:
I'veheard that once you learn one its easier for others. Then again I heard that for instramunts and I'm an epic fail at all but violin.
I've heard the same thing (for languages), don't know about instruments but a friend of mine went from learning the clarinet to the flute, oboe, and a whole heap of other wind instruments. Pretty sure he still plays all of them.
Back to top Go down
Nara Malfoy

Nara Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:42 pm

you all talk about other countries and i'm never been in other countries then my own country:(
i'm going to Berlin in march.

I really want to visit London, love all of it i'm seriously considering to go to the UK and take college there for a year!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, where are you from?   So, where are you from? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, where are you from?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts RolePlay! :: Out of Character Stuff!!-
Jump to: